Cheesy Juicy Lucy Burger is a cheeseburger with the cheese inside instead of on top. Surprise your guests at your next cookout with this incredibly cheesy, juicy burger.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Certified Angus Beef ground beef (80/20 blend ideal)
- 6 slices American Cheese
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped (or substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Canola cooking spray
- 4 buns
- Grill pan or cast iron pan (optional)
- Cut each cheese slice evenly into 4 squares; arrange in 4 stacks with 6 slices each.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; mix by hand.
- Form beef mixture into 8 thin patties on a large sheet pan. With your thumb, press an indented well in the center of 4 patties and put the portioned cheese in the wells. Encase the cheese with the remaining 4 patties, hand forming your burger to a uniform shape with sealed edges. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Spray burgers with a light coat of cooking spray. Grill or pan sear over high heat 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cool side of the grill or 375°F oven to finish cooking to internal doneness of 160°F (5 to 8 minutes). Remove from grill and rest at least 3 minutes for